Saturday, August 22, 2009

No Place Like Home...


Today, one of the sweetiest gals in BlogLand is having her Wizard of Oz gala. Stop by Two Crazy Crafters to see what magic Twyla and Lindsey have cooked up in honor of this fabulous theme... My creation, inspired by Dorothy, is a sweet little card. I love the saying, "There's no place like home," and was initially going to paper piece a little house and such. But then I spied amongst my stash a little bundle of blue gingham fabric.


Dorothy dress fabric!


And so this card was born. Using the Mojo Monday sketch for today's challenge, which was created by Janette, here is my homage to the songbird from Kansas. I almost used an image of Judy Garland for Dorothy, but this picture speaks to me. For one, it sooo looks like a farmhouse in Kansas. Secondly, she looks to me like a young Dorothy, dreaming beyond her farmland and over the rainbow... yet still loving the home she has in her sepia colored world.


Ingredients

Paper: MyMindsEye, Jenni Bowlin

Fabric: soft blue gingham flannel

Image: vintage pic from personal collection

Embellishments: ribbon, Fiskars punch for eyelet trim, chipboard

Ink and paint, and sentiment printed from computer


7 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Beautiful card!!!! I love the fabric! And what a sweet picture! I am loving your cards!I am glad you have started making them too! They are works of art!
I have enjoyed seeing all your Mojo cards! It's a great site. I think I will have to participate soon!

Thank you for joining us today!!

Lindsey

Betty said...

Happy Wizard of Oz Day! I love that card!

Nelly said...

Oh, I just love this! Thanks for becoming a follower to my blog and for the chance to discover you. I love your blog and creations here. Have a great Sunday!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Hi,
The card is very beautiful . It does make think of home 8-)
~Myrna

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I want to second Lindsey's comment. Thank you so much for participating in the Gala. Your card is so precious and certainly does capture the mood of Oz. Have a nice day! Twyla

Christie said...

Beautiful Card! I love that Dorothy inspired you!
Somewhere over the rainbow is still one of my very favorite songs.

Kathy said...

Another super-fabby card. You know how to please...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin