Monday, August 17, 2009

Cards, cards, cards! ...and the Basic Grey Challenge

So I have seriously caught a bug. No, not a got-a-fever-and-am-sick kind (that was last week - horrible sinus infection and cough like no other). No, I have caught the card bug! I love making cards! After finding some fabulous blogs out there, and looking at candy, and discovering great sketch sites - I am enthralled by all the lovely cards that can be made! I plan to add some great challenge sites to my blog so that you too can be addicted to card making :)



This card was created in response to the BasicGrey challenge. Using the sketch shown, I made my 6x6 card.
Ingredients:
Papers: Basic Grey, MyMindsEye, Jenni Bowlin, and Bazzill cardstock.
Image: Luna Girl (printed on vellum and layered over text paper)
Embellishments: Prima flowers, Queen and Co. brad, hand crocheted flower by PaperVintageRoses, vintage lace and trim
Ink: Ranger distressing ink
The sketch is also shown.
I think that one of the reasons I love card making so much is that I can use my stash of pretty vintage images! I love scrapbooking too, but I find it difficult to use vintage photos as embellishments... it feels odd to me to have pictures of "strangers" mixed with pictures of people I know :) But with cards, I am able to incorporate these lovely old photos. I want to do more stamping. I used to stamp waaaay back, so all of my stamps are from the 90s. Some are still to my fancy, but now that I have seen some of the lovely stamps out there, I want to try my hand at stamping some stamps from this century :)
Well, happy day to you, and hope you have a great one!

5 comments:

Janiel/ janny said...

very very Beautiful Krissy. I just love the vintage!!!
hugs, ajnny

Kim Costello said...

Wow,wow, wow Krissy what a fantastic card, I love your take on Tara's sketch. Gorgeous BG papers and love your vintage image STUNNING!!!

Thanks for joining us at BasicGrey Challenges this week.
HuGs Kim :)

Kathy said...

Beautiful card, I love your style. You should make another of those gorgeous cards with lace on and enter it for my challenge on The Daring Cardmakers this week! You've just got time before the new dare goes live on Friday - what are you waiting for? lol lol

Chris said...

Fantastic card and your vintage image is so beautiful along with the papers and gorgeous lace you used. Very elegant interpretation of the sketch. I hope you continue to enjoy your cardmaking and get back into stamping too. Glad you could join us at BG this time. Chris :)

June Houck said...

Your card is breathtaking, Krissy. It is truly perfect!

I love your blog title and banner; suits you to a T.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin