Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hey Cupcake...

The doorbell rang yesterday, and my two cutie little neighbor girls were at the door. They wanted to see if they could borrow some vanilla extract. They were making cookies with their cousin, and you could tell they were sooo excited to be baking from scratch (plus they like to ring my doorbell). I supplied the extract (I use it sometimes when I teastain fabric) and felt compelled to bake with my kids.



I used a mix, however. We made brownies, and the boys enjoyed the bowl-licking the best. After filling the baking pan, I let them have at the bowl with various spoons, mixing cups, and measuring utensils. I have never seen so much teamwork. These two were on a mission, and they were very dedicated to their mission:

Get as much chocolate on their faces as possible.

Of course my full attention was on my children, but I was also dreaming of the next card I could create. I wanted to combine some of the challenges... I am loving the challenges! So while I stirred and tried to keep the boys from putting their complete faces into the mixing bowl, I decided to do a cupcake card.

In my quest to see how many challenges I could do with one card, I was pleased to be able to use the sketch from Friday Sketchers, use circles as challenged by ABC, stitch around my papers for Creative Inspirations, and make this a little birthday card for Stamp Something .


Ingredients
Paper: MyMindsEye, Bazzill
Embellishments: handpieced cupcake by me, fabric, button, stitching

16 comments:

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Fabulous...you bake and craft at the same time..man you are good!!! And your kitchen wasn't trashed by 2 little helpers??

I love this card!! So fun and cheerful and I love all the circles!! Fab work on combining all the challenges!!
I love it all!
Judy xx

queen-of-nostalgia said...

Thanks Judy! The kitchen was slightly trashed... :) but with twin boys, my house always seems to be in some state of shambles anyway...

Dawn said...

Gorgeous yummy card!

thanks for joining us on ABC

Dawn

Helen said...

Yummy card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

Nilla said...

Stunning, your cupcake is one of the best I ever seen, using fabric, wow! Just love the whole idea! Have a great weekend! Hugs Nilla

Karina said...

Dear Queenie, occasionally I landed on your blog and love what I see her. You make wonderful artwork. Will come back from time to time to see what's new.

Perhaps you like to join my blog candy? http://creawitch.blogspot.com/2009/08/geburtstags-blog-candy.html

Love from Switzerland
Karina

maxine said...

wow this is a fantastic card, thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week and good luck.

cheryl said...

fabulous card hun so much detail in it adore the stiching and its so cheerful too thanks for joing us this week over at creative inspirations love cheryl xxxx

LOUISE said...

Super card, love the cupcake, and the stitching is great. Thanks for joining us on Creative Inspirations Challenge. Louise x

Cat said...

What a cute card and cute pix of your kids! They're adorable!

Jolanda said...

What a great way to get inspiration... Ik absolutely adore your card, like the inside as well! Great job!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I loved seeing your boys! They are so cute! Twyla

Stacy Cohen said...

Your cards are fantastic, and I think this cupcake one is my favorite!! Great work!

Tracy said...

Hi Queenie a totally gorgeous card adore the colours you have used,yummy cupcake,great stitching fantastic details.
Thanks for joining us this week over at Creative Inspirations.
Hugs
Tracy
xxx
Cute pictures.
xxx

Tracy said...

Had to pop back and say i love your blog.
xxx

jude said...

Wow what a stunning card and your blog is fantastic.Thsanks for playing along with this weeks challenge at creative inspirations.Good luck hugs judex

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin