Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hey baby... loving Mary Engelbreit

I am a huge fan of Mary Engelbreit. Huge. My little workspace is plastered with prints from her calendars and posterbooks (I was looking through my stash of old calendars, and I have been saving them sine, oh, 199osomething), and I just love her sense of whimsy, her great use of color... When I started stamping years ago, some of my very first stamps I bought were ME stamps. Cute Card Thursday had a challenge of "new beginning", and the first image that came to my mind was one of my most favorite ME stamps. A prefect baby stamp, it works for Stampin' for the weekend's Baby challenge too! Using a fabulous sketch from EverybodyART, I created this card. I loved this sketch, and know I will be using it again :)


I really enjoyed building this card up. Lots of texture with buttons, quilted fabric, layers of paper and chipboard, paint, a little safety pin...


I really feel like my obsession with cardmaking is coming along quite nicely.

Speaking of Mary, did anyone read her article in the magazine "Where Women Create"? It is new on the shelves, and I sooo want to live in Mary's world...


Ingredients
Papers: MyMindsEye (I so love their papers...)
Stamp: Mary Engelbreit and GStudios (sentiment)
Embellishments: Fabric (moda), silver safety pin, buttons, thread, chipboard
Ink, paint, colored pencils

9 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I love this card, it may be my favorite you've done. I, too, adore ME. I did read her article in WWC magazine. I got goosebumps just thinking that I could go to St. Louis in my own state and maybe run into her! Twyla

Iris said...

Your card is absolut stunning, brilliant art work, love the papers and the really cute image.
Thanks for joining in our birthday-Challenge.
Hugs
Iris
EAC-Team

Andrea said...

Love this card it is so cute.

Nancy said...

What a sunning card, Kristen:O) The image is just adorable. Love the gorgeous papers you have used. The ribbon is lovely, and the layout is wonderful.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW this week, good luck!
Nancy;O)

CraftyC said...

Thankyou for your kind comment on my blog Queenie, and Wow, your card is totally stunning. I love the image but brown papers always do it for me. Thanks for taking part in this weeks SFTW
Clairex

Vicki said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Kristen, love those papers they're delish and such a cutie image. Fab layout, the buttons, ribbon and lil sentiment finish your card off beautifully. Thank you for playing along with this weeks SFTW challenge, good luck and hopefully you'll be able to join in with many more xx vicki xx

Donna said...

Fabulous card, love the color scheme you've used, the layout looks great too with all those layers, and such a sweet image too. The buttons look great along the side.
Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin' for the Weekend.
hugs
Donna xx

Kimmi said...

Beautiful card. Love the colours and the image is so sweet! Lovely papers and love the ribbon!

Thank you for playing along with us over at Stampin for the Weekend. We hope you had fun and that you come back again soon to join in with more challenges. Good Luck!

Kimmi x

Vanja said...

Stunning card, Kristen! Fabulous papers and ribbon. I love the image.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW this week and good luck! :)
Vanja

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin