Monday, September 14, 2009

100th post! Let's have some tea and chat...

Last night when I was posting my latest card, I realized that my next post would be 100.

Holy Smokes.

Hard to believe that about two years ago, I had no idea what blogs even were, let alone start my own :) I look back at my first post and I think I realize why blogging is so... fun and good. As a scrapbooker, I realize how much blogging is like scrapping. The posts are like the journaling, and a good scrapbook (and blog) should have journaling. A story, some meaning. It doesn't have to be earth shattering, but it should be engaging to someone, even if it's just engaging to the author. But the fabulous thing about blogging is that there are others out there who find what you write and share is engaging too, they "get" you on some level, and that's pretty neat.

To me, this Land of Blog has become like a big ole kitchen, where my sisters (you! yes, you) and I have come to sit for a spell. We gather, we gossip, we share. I wrote about this sisterhood and how even though I don't like the glitz of technology, prefer the patina of yesterday... I love the magic created by the sisters I have met on here. I have gone from posting once or twice a month to once or twice a day. In the kitchen we have our tea, and this card was inspired by the challenge at Moxie Fab :)

Like a good scrapbook, blogging does more than just share words. Pictures. Lots and lots of pictures. Of our family, friends, our art. Crafters who create beautiful pieces of art with pieces of paper and ink, artists who can find the best stories in a park bench, divine and saucy characters who bake cupcakes and make me laugh, dreamers and magic makers who inspire me... the list goes on and on. I follow dozens and dozens of blogs, and you all make me smile...

So here is a card for you (yes, you!) who take the time to sit for a spell with me, read my ramblings, and share some time with me. Thank you :)

Ingredients
Papers: Graphic 45, MyMindsEye
Gratitude :)
Ranger ink

16 comments:

Tara Orr said...

OMG - this is an absolutely drop dead gorgeous card!!!! LOVE it!

Tracey said...

oh woooow.100th post thats amazing and more amazing is this tea pot its out of this world its fantastic.

heres to the next 100 posts.
i so love your blog you have made it a great place to visit.

angel wishes tracey x

Chris said...

What a gorgeous card...and I loved reading your post! This is only my second since discovering you (oh what a lucky day!) but I did go back a few to "catch up". Love your expressions, Holy Smokes...that's something I would say (although much to my kids' chagrin!) tee hee...

craftypagan said...

Hi! I love it! I just love your style though! I think I say that everytime I come here, but its true! I love coming over to 'your world':) Well done on 100 posts! Bright Blessings, Rowena

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Happy 100th!!!

Gorgeous card:)

Nilla said...

This is absolute stunning, love it! Hugs Nilla

Juls said...

wow!! this is just so stunning!! absolutly love it!!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I love this card! It reminds me of a couple of mini albums you use to sale on ebay!
So beautiful! I really love that paper! It sold out in less than a week at our store!

Happy 1OOth!!!!!

Lindsey

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Kristen! Just sittin' a spell with you and stopping by to say thanks for entering the challenge!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Congratulations on your 100th post! I was thrilled to see this tea pot shaped card. To me it is classic Queen of Nostalgia.
i remember your tea pot shaped albums you sold on ebay. I'm so glad that I have now gotten to know you. You aren't just this mysteriously talented 'someone' that I watched from afar, I can now call you friend. Yes, blogland is wonderful! Have a wonderful day! Twyla

Jessica said...

Congrats on your 100th post. Love your card. It's so delicate and girly :)

Heather Huggins said...

Wow you have a wonderful blog!! Such great creations!!

SmilynStef said...

Wow ... what a fantastic tea pot design ... so gorgeous with those papers and the 'tea bag' tag around the top.

Barbara said...

Love your creation of the tea pot. Just sitting and blog hopping:)

PaperTree Designs said...

Love this!
Hugs
x

Renata van Miltenburg said...

FANTASTIC card!

Warm regards, Renata

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin