Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Bus... and a card...

So Mikey got up at about 4:30 am this morning. At 5am I gave up hopes of getting him back in bed. He does this every once in a while - gets up at some unholy hour and is full of energy, acting silly and giggles his head off. Luckily when he does this he is happy at least. Me? Not so much. But as I said, I threw in the towel, made some coffee, and gave him more tickles to make him laugh harder.

Today was the first "real" day of school with the bus and everything. The bus was scheduled to come at 7am. I know. Seriously? 7am. I guess getting up early was better than late - usually Johnny is my early bird, and Mikey has to be peeled from his bed. Today Johnny had to be cajoled while Mikey was downstairs watching Blue's Clues, all dressed for school, and eating his pancakes. Go figure. Twins, I tell ya... just when you think you have them figured out, they surprise you.

Everything went swimmingly until we got outside. I had the brilliant idea of waiting outdoors, since it would be sooo much fun playing I spy while we wait for the bus. Right? Sounds like a fab plan if you asked me. I took some pictures (it was still kind of dark) and we sat on the porch. Then I noticed the mosquitoes swirling. Menacingly.

I decide I Spy has lost its charm since we were all losing pints of blood to thirsty bugs, say "Let's go inside!" Mikey takes off for the road, I run after him, Johnny runs after me, falls flat on his face on the sidewalk and screams and cries "I'm hurt! I'm hurt!" I look back, his chin and teeth are bloody, I am dragging Mikey back by his backpack, and snatch Johnny up. By the time I got them in the house we were all pretty much sobbing.

Johnny seemed fine after I cleaned him up and kissed his face, hands, knees, and belly (his belly was fine - I think he just thought it would feel left out), I scrawled a note to teacher explaining his face, (thankfully I took those pictures early, though- his chin and lip looked not so perfect), and chased Mikey around the house to make him put his socks, shoes, and sweatshirt back on... And Johnny decided that he wanted to stay home, and that the bus was "a bad idea."

How was your morning? :)

PhotobucketNow that they are safely on the bus (which was late by the way - but seeing how our morning went, I can understand) I am..... alone. In a quiet house. I may watch some Buffy the Vampire Slayer later, but for now - I am enjoying the silence.

I am planning to make some cards today, maybe a few scrapbook pages, and need to post some newer creations. This card used the fab sketch on Friday Sketchers. Nice and simple, clean and balanced this sketch - I like it! I used some of my favorite winter papers - some fun, non-traditional colors. The stamp is one of my newest acquisitions from Simon Says Stamp. Designed by Rachelle Anne Miller, this stamp is too cute! I love her whimsical style. Her images are fun to color :)

PhotobucketIngredients
Papers: MyMindsEye, Creative Imaginations and BoBunny
Stamp: Inkadinkado and "Lily and Milo Holding Hands" by Stampavie
Distress Ink and colored pencils


2 comments:

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image you've used and the perfect colouring also. Hugs Michele x

Anne said...

Beautiful card in a great colour combo!! Beautiful colouring of the sweet image! =)Great work!

Greetings from Anne (Norway)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin