Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Etsy should contain a warning label...

... because it is so addictive! There are so many absolutely beautiful handmade and vintage treasures to be found. Vintage children's books, charms and pendants, collages and paintings, prints and digital downloads, stuffed plushies and pottery, flowery bobby hair pins... I don't even wear hair pins - but I might now! I am seriously and literally and totally awed by all the cool things I find here. At the bottom of my blog I have a little gallery of my most recent favorites. Check it out! I am sure you will find something amazing.

And I have found the fun of making treasuries! I feel like I win the lottery when I am able to curate a treasury. My heart gets to pumping, I race to make my final selections, think of a clever title... Putting it together is such a pleasure, like creating a collage of the prettiest pretties I can find. I have only created two, but I'll admit it - I love watching the magic number climb down to 332 and winning that Etsy lottery! Now all I need to do is win the lottery so that I can own some of these beautiful treasures.

2 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I did not know about treasuries! I love the one you put together because the fairytales are so great! I loved to see how they were represented by the different artists. Twyla

queen-of-nostalgia said...

Oh, you have to make one! SO fun! At the bottom of the page of treasuries, there is a link with more info on how to make your very own :) It can be hard to get the timing right to get a spot, but so fun when you do! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin