Monday, September 13, 2010

Autumny Goodness (What? It's a thing...)

It was so nice to be chilly last night.

After weeks of hot weather, I relished the need to have to snuggle under the quilt and curl my chilly toes up under my legs.  I was at the Farmer's Market yesterday, and the booths were bright with pumpkins and squash, gourds and Indian corn. I instantly wanted to find a caramel apple to eat...

Autumn is cuddly. Warm blankets and socks, hot drinks and steaming baked goods... Not only is Autumn cuddly, it's yummy.  Lookie at all the pretties I found on Etsy:


I know Autumn isn't officially here yet, so I have yet to give up my "summery" colors and fabrics just yet. I finished this apron last week, and the lemon pie sweetness pair with pink lemonade roses are my apron tribute to summer.
Hope you have a great day!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

GAsp! This is stunning! Love the apron and the print mix! Is this your own design or a pattern? I lvoe it!

queen-of-nostalgia said...

It is my design :) I have lots of patterns, but they are never "quite right", so I finally just made my own. It isn't anything fancy, but the fit is fabulous :)

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Your apron is just perfect! The colors are gorgeous. I know fall is wonderful and cozy and all that, but I am hanging onto summer by my fingernails trying to grasp as much of my favorite easy breezy season as I can get! Twyla

Nerrida said...

Oh those aprons are beautiful. I wish I had one to put on my dressmakers stand for my scrap room - you encouraged me to try and make one.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin