Sunday, August 29, 2010

To market, to market...

No, I am not going to buy a fat pig, but headed to the market I am indeed :)

I have a hard time sleeping the night before market. I am paranoid I will sleep too late (not that my little alarm clock Johnny would let that happen) but I usually have one last apron that needs a pocket, or a box I need to remember to put in the van, or business cards I need to remember to trim and pack, and I need to remember to fill my big ole water jug and put that in the van, too...

So I have been up since about 4am. But I finished that apron, squeezed that box in the back seat next to the antique high chair, and got my set of business cards ready. I still need to put my water in the van, but I want it to be extra chilly, so I will let it stay in the refrigerator as long as possible. It is supposed to be in the 90s today.

Yuck.

Have I ever mentioned I don't do well in the heat? Bluhck. We have had about zero rain the last few weeks, and with the ungodly heat, our yard looks like dry, shredded wheat. But as I will be outdoors today, I would rather not have any rain today.

Fickle, aren't I?

I am taking my camera today, and I hope to be able to show you the apron I had to finish for today. It is limeish green plaid with cranberry trim, and the reverse is cranberry toile. Sounds kind of funky, but I hope once you see it, you think it is as darling as I do! Any excuse to used toile...

I mentioned my antique high chair earlier, and I need to take some pictures of this crazy chair for you. It is a convertible high chair/potty seat/toy-riding-thing. One of the other vendors has been wanting to see it, and I managed to squeeze it in the van. It is one of my favorite estate sale finds, and makes a pretty cute display piece.

Well, the sun seems to be about up, so I am off! Wish me luck, and hope you have a great Sunday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin