Friday, July 19, 2013

Oh my... where has the time gone? Since I last posted, I started working in the classroom again, teaching English to my lovely students here in Michigan! My sweet twin boys are now EIGHT years old, and getting bigger by the minute.

In between grading papers and attending conferences, playing pirate and stacking dominoes, I still manage to find time to do some crafting and sewing. I have also discovered Pinterest, which has become an obsession. A good obsession :)

In addition to aprons, I am now making lovely little ruffled tote bags and message centers... canvas signs and painted mason jars.... a little bit of everything :)

Here are a few pictures of my most recent work; you can find me at the Grand Blanc Farmers Market every Sunday from 10am-3pm.

These are two message boards I made. The one on the left is magnetic on the top, with a fabric covered corkboard bottom. There are also two little hooks drilled into the bottom to hang keys and other must-not-lose items :) The bulletin board on the right is simply a shabby chic frame that I painted and distressed, and it holds a lovely fabric covered corkboard to pin up your pretties!

 Canvas signs are my new favorite decor!  I love the movie "Practical Magic" and this quote is one of my favorites :) Next to it is a large chalkboard that I created. I love chalkboards...

 This is a glimpse of my booth at the Market. I call this apron "Pink Lemonade" and the combination of yellow and pinks remains one of my favorites!


Aprons fluttering in the breeze... I love summer!

A sneak peek at my latest obsession... canvas market bags! Come see me on Sunday to see more :)





2 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hey! It is SO nice to hear from you again!!! I'm glad you are okay and sounds like your life is very rewarding. As always your creations are lovely! Yes, Pinterest is addictive! Lindsey and I are both hooked. I'd like to add you to the pins we're following. Are you under Queen of Nostalgia? Have a great weekend! Twyla

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hey! It is SO nice to hear from you again!!! I'm glad you are okay and sounds like your life is very rewarding. As always your creations are lovely! Yes, Pinterest is addictive! Lindsey and I are both hooked. I'd like to add you to the pins we're following. Are you under Queen of Nostalgia? Have a great weekend! Twyla

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin