Thursday, December 10, 2009

And the stockings were hung...

It is so hard to believe that Christmas is so close! Wasn't I just handing out candy to trick-or-treaters? Didn't I just make pumpkin pies and roast a turkey? Time, like snow, is flying too fast!



I have had some camera issues - as in, the children had decided it would be fun to play photographers on Safari with Mama's camera - and as a result, there was one time-out, a bit of yelling, and one broken camera. If I hold the lens on just so, I can get a halfway decent photo... but if I lean over too much, the lens falls out and then there is more yelling...

I was able to take this picture of a layout I made for Etsy. The stockings were pretty fun to make - I don't know if you can see it or not, but the red one on the left has a real jingle bell on the curly toe :) I had to get creative with my layering to fit the word "stockings" on the one 12x12 page, but was able to manage it. And let me tell you - so glad that I got back into stamping, because my ink in my printer is out, and I wanted to print "hanging the" on some cardstock... but luckily I have my little set of letter stamps, and stamped them out instead!

Speaking of stamping... If I can get my lens back on my camera today, I will take a picture of my card for the "Once Upon a Wednesday" challenge at Pixie Cottage! I created the sketch for this challenge, and it is simple and sweet :) While I am fiddling with my camera, head over to the Pixie Cottage Blog to see the other DT member's take on this sketch. You have lots of time - until December 20 to enter this every-other-week challenge, so get your sketch on!

4 comments:

Jessica Rodarte said...

Darling layout! I'm sorry to hear about your camera. I better go pry my camera out of my toddler's fingers!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about your camera! Reminds me of the Horrid morning I came home and discovered my new puppy thought my camera was a chew toy:( I'm still sad over that one. I hope you are having a merry Christmas season at your house. Your layout is wonderful! Love the stockings! Twyla

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful sketch and page layout Kristen :) What pretty layers and papers you used on your layout!

Have a wonderful Christmas! Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

Mina said...

wow Kristen how stunning are these layouts, so beautiful...Have a wonderful Christmas and thank you for taking the time to follow my blog
Mina xxx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin