Thursday, October 1, 2009

October is here! Yay! Now I can put my decorations up in earnest and not get funny looks from the neighbors (Last year I put up my ghosts and gravestones in September and you wouldn't believe the looks I got... sheesh!) I can't help it - I love autumn! And the more Halloween decorations up, the better. The boys are at school, so it is a perfect time to go and excavate the basement and see what goodies I forgot I had :) I also need to get it in gear, because on October 17 is the grand gala of Halloween! A Fanciful Twist is hosting a fabulous ghoultide gathering, so be sure to come here on the 17th, and check out Vanessa's site for other parties that day!

In the spooky spirit of Halloween, I finished up a layout using some of my little haunted houses I made and showed here a bit back. I used a large pumpkin orange house, and the medium purple monster haunted house. I added a little ghost to the bigger house. If you like these little houses, I have more of them listed on Etsy. I am planning to make a card with the littlest house :) It is perfect for cards!

I really like the kooky color combination of greens and orange. The harlequin pattern makes me smile, and the polkadot ribbon feels just right :)



4 comments:

Sandra H. said...

Love them Kristen!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is amazing, Love it! I love the orange and green color for the Halloween too.
Hugs,
Lily

Nilla said...

Gorgeous!! Hugs Nilla

Rach said...

wow, awesome layout.. love your houses... and the colour combo is to die for. hugs rachxx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin